“Are you willing to do your passion for free?” - Kiesha Nix
Kiesha Nix is the Executive Director of the Lakers Youth Foundation who oversees and directs programming and funding priorities for the charitable arm of the Los Angeles Lakers. Formerly, Kiesha served as Vice President in Enterprise Business & Community Relations at Bank of America and was employed by Bank of America – Merrill Lynch for over 21 years. Plus Kiesha works with countless non-profit organizations and mentors youth throughout her Community and is . also a proud Mom of one son, Kyler.
During the episode, Kiesha shares how throughout her journey hard work has set her apart in all she does. She also shares insight from her big move from the banking industry to the philanthropy community, which paved the way to using her passion as a tool that craved out her next best career move. She reveals self-motivating insights that will help women shift to following the desires of their hearts. She also shares her inspiring journey as a single mom to her son who, according to her, is her greatest success.
“It is not about what you know and who you know, it’s about who knows you” - Kiesha Nix
- 01:03 – Who is Kiesha Nix?
- 02:38 – Why she shifted into the philanthropy community?
- 04:15 – Saying YES to her passion
- 04:46 – “Are you willing to do your passion for free?” - Kiesha Nix
- 05:53 – The big move that changed her life
- 07:33 – How she raised her son as a single mom
- 12:00 – Becoming the Kiesha she is now
- 12:22 – “I just aspired to more” - Kiesha Nix
- 14:34 – Moving the agenda forward
- 16:51 – “It is not about what you know and who you know, it’s about who knows you” - Kiesha Nix
- 18:05 – 3 things to do when finding your true purpose
- 21:26 – Takeaways from Kiesha
- 22:57 – The difference between a coach and a mentor
- 24:17 – Her powerful advice to the ladies
- 25:15 – “Playing small is over” - Kiesha Nix
“Playing small is over” - Kiesha Nix
“Your harvest doesn’t always come in the fields you planted them” – Dr. Vikki Johnson
Dr. Vikki Johnson is a transformational speaker, chaplain, and best-selling author who has transformed the lives of over half a million women. She has a successful 18-year corporate career but shifted into the film industry where she became an Emmy Award-winning media professional. She mentors women to be great in the mirror first then amazing in the marketplace and guide them into a life of perpetual peace and bliss with her book, “Soul Wealth: Finding Vision, Compassion, Authenticity, Abundance, And Legacy In The Midst Of Chaos”.
During the episode, Dr. Vikki walks us through the seasons of her life where she ended a successful corporate career to find what was missing in her life. She shares her amazing transition knowing that there is more to life that God has prepared her for. This is a motivating conversation, especially for women who are still in search of their true purpose.
“You need your faith when you don’t know what’s next” – Dr. Vikki Johnson
01:03 – Dr. Vikki Johnson’s introduction
02:16 – What was standing in her truth
02:30 – “What I’m passionate about is to guide women into that place of authenticity so that they can live in perpetual peace” – Dr. Vikki Johnson
04:44 – The awakening
07:02 – Ending her 18-year career
07:28 – “Your harvest doesn’t always come in the fields you planted them” – Dr. Vikki Johnson
09:29 – “You need your faith when you don’t know what’s next” – Dr. Vikki Johnson
13:59 – During her surrender, things started to shift
17:13 – “Being attached to nothing connects me to everything” – Dr. Vikki Johnson
17:40 – Opening a new self in pursuit of her next
23:59 – What to do when you are in your next level
27:15 – Letting God manifest in you
“Being attached to nothing connects me to everything” – Dr. Vikki Johnson
“An investment in knowledge pays the best dividend” – Lashawne Holland
Lashawne Holland is a Financial Architect, one of the nation’s leading experts on the art of activating wealth potential. She is the founder of The Wealthy Leaders Institute and Chairman of LaShawne Holland International, a financial development and wealth activation education company focusing on financial literacy education, money mindset mastery, economic elevation, and wealth empowerment, with innovative business systems education and peak investment cycle performance strategies.
During the episode, Lashawne shares her remarkable shift into becoming a wealth activator and the legacy she intends to leave behind. She also reveals the things she had to say yes to in order to achieve her true purpose. This is a plan-filled episode that will teach you five strategies to help you grow your business and multiply your wealth.
“Stop making wealth a moving target” – Lashawne Holland
- 01:25 – Who is Lawshawne Holland?
- 02:12 – How she became a Wealth Activator
- 07:17 – The mindset shift
- 08:28 – “An investment in knowledge pays the best dividend” – Lashawne Holland
- 10:22 – How she grew her business
- 12:32 – Saying YES to public speaking
- 17:16 – 5 strategies to multiply your wealth
- 19:20 – “Stop making wealth a moving target” – Lashawne Holland
- 20:48 – Planning for your profit
- 21:30 – People struggling from poverty mindset
- 23:38 – “You have to know where we are in the economy” – Lashawne Holland
“You have to know where we are in the economy” – Lashawne Holland
“Coaching is a skill, not a profession” - Dr. Towanna Burrous
Towanna Burrous is the President of CoachDiversity Institute, the world’s first coaching program specifically designed for diverse communities, preparing individuals, communities, and institutions for rapid demographic change and culturally-sound communication.
As a sought after executive coach and management consultant, Towanna is an innovative learning executive with comprehensive accomplishments applying industry-proven learning and training methodologies to inspire and develop forward-thinking and inclusive leaders in business, higher education, nonprofits, and government. She’s a successful entrepreneur, award-winner author, and public speaker backed by a 25+ year career in technology program management and business relationship development.
During the episode, Towanna shares her gap-finding story that reframed her entire career. She reveals the realizations that led her to shift her successful career and start down the coaching path. Listen to this episode and learn 3 powerful steps that will help you succeed in your business and build your own company.
“Every challenge has a different anchor to the past” - Dr. Towanna Burrous
- 00:57 – Towanna’s introduction and background
- 02:14 – What led her to coaching?
- 04:16 – Growing her business while empowering coaches of color
- 08:09 – “Coaching is a skill, not a profession” - Dr. Towanna Burrous
- 10:57 – The difference between a coach and a counselor
- 12:41 – Filling the Gap
- 13:11 – The accountability that comes with coaching
- 13:57 – “Every challenge has a different anchor to the past” - Dr. Towanna Burrous
- 17:55 – Saying YES to be the one doing it first
- 22:55 – 3 Steps that will help you succeed in your business
- 27:40 – “It doesn’t mean you can’t, it just means not now” - Dr. Towanna Burrous
- 33:05 – What’s next for CoachDiversity?
“It doesn’t mean you can’t, it just means not now” - Dr. Towanna Burrous
“If you listen to that guiding force, it will lead the way” – Monalisa Johnson
Monalisa Johnson is not just an International TV Personality who recently appeared on Season 2 of the hit TV Show “60 Days In”, and UK’s “The Jail”, which aired on A&E. She regularly appears for TV interviews, radio talk shows, TEDx, and is sought after worldwide for advice on the prison family. She is the CEO & Executive Producer of Sierra Productions, a largely successful audio/video production company in New York City. In addition to this, she is also a licensed and ordained minister of the Gospel, and a certified Life Coach. Monalisa Johnson has proven herself to be an exceptional and accomplished TV Personality, businesswoman, and visionary!
In the middle of running a successful production company, Monalisa’s life was completely knocked off course in 2012, when she received a call that changed EVERYTHING. This breakdown which she would later realize was the epiphany moment that led to her breakthrough and becoming the founder of Parents with Incarcerated Children.
On this episode, Monalisa shares her extraordinary awakening. During this conversation, she shares valuable insight on what it means to say YES to your true purpose even when it shifts your vision and every way you have ever seen your world.
“In order to stay woke, I needed to do the work” – Monalisa Johnson
- 01:05 – Who is Monalisa Johnson?
- 02:43 – How she was able to breakthrough from her breakdown
- 04:07 – Monalisa saying YES in the face of fear
- 04:55 – “If you listen to that guiding force, it will lead the way” – Monalisa Johnson
- 07:31 – The call in August 2012 that changed her life
- 12:51 – Her awakening
- 15:02 – “In order to stay woke, I needed to do the work” – Monalisa Johnson
- 16:31 – Her climb
- 19:11 – Why she produced the TV series ‘Prisoner of Hope’
- 23:36 – Three steps in living your purpose
- 23:42 – “Align yourself with a great resounding YES!” – Monalisa Johnson
“Align yourself with a great resounding YES!” – Monalisa Johnson