“Coaching is a skill, not a profession” - Dr. Towanna Burrous
Towanna Burrous is the President of CoachDiversity Institute, the world’s first coaching program specifically designed for diverse communities, preparing individuals, communities, and institutions for rapid demographic change and culturally-sound communication.
As a sought after executive coach and management consultant, Towanna is an innovative learning executive with comprehensive accomplishments applying industry-proven learning and training methodologies to inspire and develop forward-thinking and inclusive leaders in business, higher education, nonprofits, and government. She’s a successful entrepreneur, award-winner author, and public speaker backed by a 25+ year career in technology program management and business relationship development.
During the episode, Towanna shares her gap-finding story that reframed her entire career. She reveals the realizations that led her to shift her successful career and start down the coaching path. Listen to this episode and learn 3 powerful steps that will help you succeed in your business and build your own company.
“Every challenge has a different anchor to the past” - Dr. Towanna Burrous
- 00:57 – Towanna’s introduction and background
- 02:14 – What led her to coaching?
- 04:16 – Growing her business while empowering coaches of color
- 08:09 – “Coaching is a skill, not a profession” - Dr. Towanna Burrous
- 10:57 – The difference between a coach and a counselor
- 12:41 – Filling the Gap
- 13:11 – The accountability that comes with coaching
- 13:57 – “Every challenge has a different anchor to the past” - Dr. Towanna Burrous
- 17:55 – Saying YES to be the one doing it first
- 22:55 – 3 Steps that will help you succeed in your business
- 27:40 – “It doesn’t mean you can’t, it just means not now” - Dr. Towanna Burrous
- 33:05 – What’s next for CoachDiversity?
“It doesn’t mean you can’t, it just means not now” - Dr. Towanna Burrous
“If you listen to that guiding force, it will lead the way” – Monalisa Johnson
Monalisa Johnson is not just an International TV Personality who recently appeared on Season 2 of the hit TV Show “60 Days In”, and UK’s “The Jail”, which aired on A&E. She regularly appears for TV interviews, radio talk shows, TEDx, and is sought after worldwide for advice on the prison family. She is the CEO & Executive Producer of Sierra Productions, a largely successful audio/video production company in New York City. In addition to this, she is also a licensed and ordained minister of the Gospel, and a certified Life Coach. Monalisa Johnson has proven herself to be an exceptional and accomplished TV Personality, businesswoman, and visionary!
In the middle of running a successful production company, Monalisa’s life was completely knocked off course in 2012, when she received a call that changed EVERYTHING. This breakdown which she would later realize was the epiphany moment that led to her breakthrough and becoming the founder of Parents with Incarcerated Children.
On this episode, Monalisa shares her extraordinary awakening. During this conversation, she shares valuable insight on what it means to say YES to your true purpose even when it shifts your vision and every way you have ever seen your world.
“In order to stay woke, I needed to do the work” – Monalisa Johnson
- 01:05 – Who is Monalisa Johnson?
- 02:43 – How she was able to breakthrough from her breakdown
- 04:07 – Monalisa saying YES in the face of fear
- 04:55 – “If you listen to that guiding force, it will lead the way” – Monalisa Johnson
- 07:31 – The call in August 2012 that changed her life
- 12:51 – Her awakening
- 15:02 – “In order to stay woke, I needed to do the work” – Monalisa Johnson
- 16:31 – Her climb
- 19:11 – Why she produced the TV series ‘Prisoner of Hope’
- 23:36 – Three steps in living your purpose
- 23:42 – “Align yourself with a great resounding YES!” – Monalisa Johnson
“Align yourself with a great resounding YES!” – Monalisa Johnson
“Fear is stopping you more than you could imagine.” – Nicole Roberts Jones
As a continuation of our season 3 premiere, as Nicole gave the 3 steps to Amplify Your Brilliance this episode focuses on one of the factors that stands in the way your next level which is fear and gives the steps to reverse that FEAR and move that into the mindset to make it happen = Faith.
Nicole shares how to release fear so that you can move closer to your breathtaking future by saying YES in the face of it. Ready to go after that Big BOLD Dream? This episodes gives you 4 steps that will shift everything!
Instead of faking it until you make it, it’s time to be it until you see it!
“If your dream doesn’t scare you, then you are not playing big enough.” – Nicole Roberts Jones
- 01:15 – How fear contributes to failures
- 01:26 – “If your dream doesn’t scare you, then you are not playing big enough.” – Nicole Roberts Jones
- 02:30 – Choosing Faith over Fear
- 04:09 – “You will either stick in fear or grow your faith.” – Nicole Roberts Jones
- 04:38 – “Fear is stopping you more than you could imagine.” – Nicole Roberts Jones
- 04:52 – Moving towards your dream by staying in the face of fear
- 08:11 – Real-life examples of reversing fear into faith
- 11:14 – 4 steps in moving from fear to faith
- 11:35 – “You are being called for bigger.” – Nicole Roberts Jones
- 15:06 – Writing your “I Did That” List
- 19:21 – Trusting that everything will fall in place
“You will either stay stuck in fear or grow your faith.” – Nicole Roberts Jones
“Your brilliance is the territory God has entrusted to you” – Nicole Roberts Jones
Over the last two seasons of The Fierce Files, we have focused on women who have transformed their lives and reached the pinnacle of success by saying yes to their gifts and moving into their MORE. In this new season, we are changing the name of the podcast to Amplify Your Brilliance in order to inspire and motivate women to not just accept God’s gift, but to expand that gift and let it SHINE!
During the episode, Nicole shares her own shining moment when she left her Hollywood dream to pursue her purpose. She also shares 3 insightful steps that will help you expand your territory and go abundantly above all you could wish or think! This is an inspiring episode that will bring out that inner light in you to shine even BRIGHTER - because that light IS what others need! You have the keys inside you to transform and it’s time to AMPLIFY it.
“The gift in you is the answer to somebody’s prayer” – Nicole Roberts Jones
- 00:59 – The reason behind the change
- 03:09 – The biblical history of expanding one’s territory
- 04:45 – “You have to let go of yesterday to move into tomorrow” – Nicole Roberts Jones
- 05:12 – The definition of Amplify and Brilliance
- 06:08 – Allowing your light to shine
- 07:20 – “Your brilliance is the territory God has entrusted to you” – Nicole Roberts Jones
- 10:02 – Nicole saying yes to her brilliance
- 14:57 – Calling out women who are ready to shine
- 17:10 – The purpose of Amplify Your Brilliance podcast
- 17:40 – “The gift in you is the answer to somebody’s prayer” – Nicole Roberts Jones
- 19:23 – Pushing past your limit
- 23:10 – 3 steps in moving into your MORE
- 28:17 – “There is nothing wrong with wanting more” – Nicole Roberts Jones
“There is nothing wrong with wanting more” – Nicole Roberts Jones