“Create a life by design not default” - @CarolineVClarke
Caroline Clarke is an award-winning journalist who has spent most of her career at the media company Black Enterprise, where she is currently Chief Brand Officer, Women of Power. Clarke co-founded the Women of Power brand in 2005. She is currently the host of the Women of Power TV show and editorial director of the Women of Power Summit, the nation’s largest annual conference targeting women-of- color executives.
During this episode, Caroline Clarke will share how to create a life by design and not by default. Work towards a passion driven desire that fulfills you as you get key insight into managing your work-life balance especially when you have reached the pinnacle of your success.
This transparent and honest conversation with Caroline will truly help you connect with who you are in order to live the life you desire and deserve!
“Start to be more competitive about wellness and self-care” - @CarolineVClarke
- 00:46 - Caroline’s introduction and backstory
- 02:14 - Identifying your first MORE experience
- 05:02 - Living into a parents legacy
- 09:18 - “Create a life by design not default” - @CarolineVClarke
- 12:28 - Fulfilling others needs from a passion driven desire
- 18:23 - “Start to be more competitive about wellness and self-care” - @CarolineVClarke
- 19:43 - Managing your work-life balance and screen time
- 23:41 - “It is so easy to have your productivity derailed by stuff that does matter but can’t matter every single second of the day” - @CarolineVClarke
- 24:14 - How to live your life by design
- 25:24 - “You can’t be intentional if you lack self-awareness” - @CarolineVClarke
“You can’t be intentional if you lack self-awareness” - @CarolineVClarkeLinks:
“I had to decide to go up or out and I chose to go out” - @IAmSophiaNelson
Sophia A Nelson, Esq is an NBC NEWS CONTRIBUTOR, MSNBC Commentator, Award-Winning Journalist & Best-Selling Author. She engages audiences with her discerningly conservative, yet candidly independent perspective on the top political news of the day, and the importance of fostering inclusion in today’s cultural landscape.
During this episode, Sophia with share how to stay motivated and hungry for success. You’ll get key insights into the thoughts and emotion of a true to be disruptor, understand how to honor yourself and know your value. Listen as Sophie speaks about her tragic past and how she overcame adversity. Learn how to live your most authentic life and go after your dreams like your life depends on it because one day, it might…
“I didn’t have a choice but to be independent” - @IAmSophiaNelson
- 03:12 - The moment Sophia knew there was MORE to do
- 05:25 - Having difficult conversations with your family
- 08:28 - Choosing to be the disruptor and overcoming adversity
- 14:26 - Honor yourself and knowing your value
- 16:28 - “I didn’t have a choice but to be independent”
- 20:14 - How to stay motivated and hungry
- 25:57 - Looking back at your tragic past
- 31:35 - Ways to live your most authentic life
“We get two lives. The one that we learn with and the one that we live with after that” - @IAmSophiaNelson
“Your greatness is dying to come out.” – Nicole Roberts Jones
Are you living a comfortable successful life? What if I were to tell you that there is another level of success for you on the other side of your comfort zone that will require you to sacrifice your good for your great?
The question is what are you willing to let go of in exchange for your future?
In this insightful episode, Nicole Roberts Jones, the Fierce Files host, challenges you to move past what is good to ascend into what’s great! Nicole shares her own realization and her move from good to great in the midst of having a successful career in the entertainment industry. She reveals how she really has seen the Bible verse Romans 8:28 come to life not just in her life but in countless other women she has coached in the last 20 plus years as this episode invites you into the journey!
“People need that gift in you.” – Nicole Roberts Jones
- 01:16 – “Your greatness is dying to come out.” – Nicole Roberts Jones
- 01:48 – Letting go of the Good in exchange for the Great
- 03:30 – The realization of what she wants to do
- 05:09 – Standing on the crossroad
- 06:28 – “Greatness is you say YES to do YOU.” – Nicole Roberts Jones
- 06:59 – Developing from good to great
- 10:22 – “People need that gift in you.” – Nicole Roberts Jones
- 11:05 – The good is calling for the great
- 13:59 – 3 steps in moving to your greatness
- 14:59 – “You have the power to choose who you are and what you want.” – Nicole Roberts Jones
“You have the power to choose who you are and what you want.” – Nicole Roberts Jones
“Anything that was not of God, I have to shake it.” – Sonia Jackson Myles
Sonia Jackson Myles is the Founder of The Sister Accord Movement and the Author of “The Sister Accord: 51 Ways To Love Your Sister”. Before launching her Sister Accord business full-time, Sonia was an executive in Corporate America with over 20 years of experience. She has worked for Ford Motor Company, The Gillette Company and The Procter & Gamble Company. Her last corporate role was as P&G’s Director, Global Packaging Purchases, where she managed $6B in spend.
During this episode, Sonia walks us through the process of her saying yes to her purpose! Despite her booming career in the corporate world, she knew it was time to say yes to the billion dollar gift inside of her and to build it. In sharing her story, Sonia gives you the insight that helped her to find her purpose so that you too can find your purpose knowing that others out there need you. Discover the steps to bring your purpose, your dreams to life!
“The sister accord is about the people I’ve been called to serve.” – Sonia Jackson Myles
- 00:52 – Sonia’s professional background
- 04:36 – The defining moment of her career
- 07:31 – The birth of Sister Accord
- 11:36 – When she decided to accept God’s gift
- 17:14 – Upside in facing your fears
- 18:44 – Bringing her dream to life
- 22:28 – 3 fundamental steps in her transformation
- 22:52 – “Anything that was not of God, I have to shake it.” – Sonia Jackson Myles
- 25:59 – “The sister accord is about the people I’ve been called to serve.” – Sonia Jackson Myles
- 28:14 – Invitation to the Slay Summit
- 29:49 – “Everyone need to be operating in purpose.” – Sonia Jackson Myles
“Everyone needs to be operating in purpose.” – Sonia Jackson Myles