“What got you to where you are may not get you to where you want to be.” - Michelle Gadsden-Williams
Michelle Gadsden-Williams is the managing director of North America Inclusion and Diversity at Accenture and has more than 25 years of experience as an advocate for equality within corporate America. She is also an Executive Committee Member of the Women’s Leadership Board of the John F. Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University. She is an author, entrepreneur, producer, and philanthropist. In addition to her many titles, she is considered a thought leader around inclusion and diversity.
On this episode, Michelle gives away a powerful message that will surely motivate you to become the best version of yourself. With her book, Climb, she is set out to inspire people to find their passion and get to where they want to be. As she shares her own journey into finding her purpose, she reveals the biggest lessons she learned over the years. Listen in and find out how to reach for your north star.
“Lift others while you climb.” - Michelle Gadsden-Williams
- 00:52 – Michelle’s Introduction
- 02:00 – The journey to her own star
- 05:34 – Self-reflection and Self-discovery
- 07:57 – Building her Internal Brand
- 09:10 – “It’s all about passion, purpose, and power.” - Michelle Gadsden-Williams
- 11:07 – Biggest lessons she learned over the years
- 13:06 – What she does to take care of herself
- 14:11 – Coming up with the title “Climb”
- 16:23 – Steps in going after your North Star
- 19:17 – “I’m going to choose courage over comfort.” - Michelle Gadsden-Williams
- 20:15 – “What got you to where you are may not get you to where you want to be.” - Michelle Gadsden-Williams
- 25:49 – “Lift others while you climb.” - Michelle Gadsden-Williams
“It’s all about passion, purpose, and power.” - Michelle Gadsden-Williams
- Climb: Taking Every Step with Conviction, Courage, and Calculated Risk to Achieve a Thriving Career and a Successful Life - Book
“Our values are the coordinates that we should be using to get to our destination.” – Monica Cost
Monica Cost is a Pathfinder, author, and speaker, dedicated to creating value-aligned strategies for professionals, entrepreneurs, and personalities, through consulting, facilitation, and keynotes. Monica became the first Black Female Broker for any major commercial real estate in Massachusetts and then shifted to become a full-time pathfinder for entrepreneurs around the globe. Having abandoned societal expectations for a journey to her authentic life, Monica has equipped thousands with the ability to move towards overall life success.
On this episode, Monica shares her own journey into finding her destination, with the aid of her own core values. She encourages every one of us to become value-aligned and shift away from all the labels that society has enforced upon us. This is a very interesting episode about finding our own values that will move us from the “Land of Make Believe” to the “Land of Truth and Authenticity”.
“Once you become value-aligned, you will never turn back again.” – Monica Cost
- 01:14 – Who is Monica Cost?
- 02:38 – How she became a Pathfinder
- 06:16 – The Truth Positioning System (TPS)
- 06:59 – “Our values are the coordinates that we should be using to get to our destination.” – Monica Cost
- 09:45 – Knowing that you are not living with your values
- 10:50 – Value System of different people
- 15:04 – The journey to her own destination
- 16:22 – Downside of chasing labels
- 21:39 – From a real estate broker to building her business
- 23:27 – “Once you become value-aligned, you will never turn back again.” – Monica Cost
- 24:48 – 3 steps you take to move into the value-aligned living
- 26:10 – “Identify your core values.” – Monica Cost
“Identify your core values.” – Monica Cost
“The key to life is to make decisions out of love, not fear.” – Abby Medcalf
Abby Medcalf is a psychologist, author, and speaker who has helped thousands of people create happy and connected relationships. She is the author of the #1 Amazon best-selling book, “Be Happily Married, even if Your Partner Won’t Do a Thing,” the host of the top-rated “Relationships Made Easy” Podcast and has been a featured expert on CBS and ABC news. With her unique blend of hands-on experience, comprehensive research, and humor, she provides practical, usable tools that can transform any relationship into a fulfilling, communication machine.
During the episode, Abby reveals the secret to a loving relationship that ultimately results in happiness and complete satisfaction. She explains how fear and rage disconnect people, especially couples, and contribute to the downfall of relationships. Her journey from being a drug addict to a sought-after speaker will surely inspire and encourage you to find your true passion. Listen to this episode and discover the key to a happy and satisfying relationship.
“You cannot base a love relationship on fear.” – Abby Medcalf
- 00:53 – Abby Medcalf introduction and background
- 04:13 – Journey to the realization of her calling
- 11:05 – “The key to life is to make decisions out of love, not fear.” – Abby Medcalf
- 12:23 – Impact of your choices in life
- 13:00 – What happens when fear takes over
- 14:39 – “Look at where you feel helpless and take action.” – Abby Medcalf
- 19:38 – “You cannot base a love relationship on fear.” – Abby Medcalf
- 19:41 – The key to the discovery of her passion
- 23:12 – Meditation and being at the moment
- 27:18 – The power of listening
- 28:05 – Love brings peace
- 30:34 – “Have faith in Love” – Abby Medcalf
“Have faith in Love” – Abby Medcalf
“Be fierce about what you know.” - Cheryl Walker-Robertson
Cheryl Walker-Robertson is the founder of Protocol International, an organization that provides transformative training and coaching for today’s executives and tomorrow’s business leaders. Ms. Walker-Robertson, widely recognized as a person of extraordinary insight and ability is often in demand as a speaker and expert on the critical issues facing today’s market. Her wide-ranging expertise includes executive leadership, coaching, organizational management, and interpersonal protocol and professional skills development. Her client range represents Fortune 500 businesses, government, education, entertainment and more.
On this episode, Cheryl shares the amazing realization of her gift which eventually became the light of her career. After receiving her very first paycheck from an unexpected offer, she decided to build her own business, thus, the birth of Protocol International. She believes that every woman has her own gift, something she is very good at, and she inspires all the women to appreciate it and go beyond. Listen in and find out what it takes to say YES to your gift!
“No one knows more about what you do than you.” - Cheryl Walker-Robertson
- 01:02 – Who is Cheryl Walker-Robertson?
- 02:59 – The realization of Protocol International
- 09:26 – Shifting her gift into a business
- 10:25 – The Light House Effect
- 10:52 – “That thing that you’re so good at becomes light.” - Cheryl Walker-Robertson
- 11:50 – The process of building the business
- 13:29 – What it takes to say YES to your gift
- 14:37 – “When you’re an entrepreneur, you have to make hardcore decisions all the time.” - Cheryl Walker-Robertson
- 19:00 – Cheryl’s advice: 3 steps in leveling up your gift
- 19:18 – “Be fierce about what you know.” - Cheryl Walker-Robertson
- 20:07 – “No one knows more about what you do than you.” - Cheryl Walker-Robertson
“When you’re an entrepreneur, you have to make hardcore decisions all the time.” - Cheryl Walker-Robertson
“Don’t let what you don’t know to stop you from moving forward” - Debbie Lorenzo of @francesgreyny
Debbie Lorenzo is the founder and designer of Frances Grey, a line of custom, statement hats designed with a bold and creative sensibility. Years prior to starting her own company, Debbie found her great grandmother’s passport and knew it meant something special. That woman, Frances Grey, a seamstress from the beautiful island of Jamaica, would become the inspiration and namesake of this new line and woman-run business.
During this episode, Debbie will share powerful insights about finding yourself again. She shares her story of being a young mom and after a very tough divorce having to reinvent herself including ways she created long-lasting change. Learn why putting yourself first is a priority and improves your happiness and overall productivity. Find out what to do when you don’t know what to do and prevent fear from stopping you from living your best life.
“Learn every aspect of your business” - Debbie Lorenzo of @francesgreyny
- 00:57 - Debbie’s background and introduction
- 02:32 - Reinventing yourself and going back to school
- 07:53 - Realizing that you are on the right path
- 10:27 - Positively working with your daughter
- 15:52 - Choosing yourself first before serving others
- 17:28 - “If I better myself I’ll be good for you” - Debbie Lorenzo of @francesgreyny
- 20:29 - Reaching your crossroads in life
- 21:54 - “Don’t let what you don’t know to stop you from moving forward” - Debbie Lorenzo of @francesgreyny
- 24:56 - Insight advice for new and veteran entrepreneurs
- 26:21 - “Learn every aspect of your business” - Debbie Lorenzo of @francesgreyny
“If I better myself I’ll be good for you” - Debbie Lorenzo of @francesgreyny