“You’re a legacy in the making!” - Nicole Roberts Jones
In this episode, Nicole Roberts Jones challenges you as we enter Women’s History month, to look at how you are living your life as a legacy in the making. How is your life a light for others to come behind you? Expect to be challenged to look deeply inside yourself for the answer.
As you listen, Nicole shares four steps you need to make a pivot to go after creating your own legacy as she encourages you to use these strategies to make both our ancestors proud and to create your own legacy so that you make YOUR mark in this world. It’s time to say YES and move into the next best version of you so that as you TRULY allow your light to shine, you allow others to come behind you, just as our ancestors have done before us.
“How is your life a light for others to come behind you?” - Nicole Roberts Jones
- 00:50 - Asking yourself a very powerful question
- 05:53 - “How is your life a light for others to come behind you?” - Nicole Roberts Jones
- 08:15 - How is your life and work a legacy in the making?
- 09:30 - When Nicole realized her MORE
- 14:00 - “You’re a legacy in the making!” - Nicole Roberts Jones
- 17:34 - Four steps to say YES and move into your more
- 18:03 - “God will let you live on whatever level you settle for.” - Nicole Roberts Jones
- 20:58 - Can you go after your legacy alone?
- 30:33 - Episode conclusion & inspiration to take action
“God will let you live on whatever level you settle for.” - Nicole Roberts Jones
“You don’t have to apologize for your greatness” - Cheryl Polote Williamson
Cheryl Polote Williamson is a visionary entrepreneur who helps women build businesses and personal relationships that are built on honesty, integrity, and trust. She is also a sought after motivational speaker that encourages, captivates, and empowers audiences.
During the episode, Cheryl reveals the importance of being Affirmed and shared the story behind her Affirm Movement. She gives away three powerful steps that you need to incorporate in your lives in order to speak what you seek to be made real in your life. She believes that what you call into your life is bound to happen as long as you have the confidence that it will manifest.
“You have the power to change your life by what you speak over your life” ¬- Cheryl Polote Williamson
- 00:57 – Cheryl’s introduction
- 02:28 – How did ‘standing in her truth’ helped her in her journey?
- 2:38 – “What you see on social media is not what you get from people in person” - Cheryl Polote Williamson
- 4:37 – What is the Affirm Movement?
- 7:07 – The inspiration behind the Affirm Movement
- 8:47 – How confidence in yourself lead you to greatness?
- 9:00 – “It’s impossible to beat somebody who competes against nobody” - Cheryl Polote Williamson
- 14:18 – The power of the mind
- 14:58 – “You have the power to change your life by what you speak over your life” ¬- Cheryl Polote Williamson
- 19:09 – What are the 3 P’s?
- 20:34 – Three things you have to change in order for affirmation to work
- 29:11 – “You don’t have to apologize for your greatness” - Cheryl Polote Williamson
“It’s impossible to beat somebody who competes against nobody” - Cheryl Polote Williamson
“We all have a special part to play to transform this world when we say YES to it” - Nicole Roberts Jones
In this episode Nicole challenges you to step into the next level of you in 2020. She shares what the power of becoming really means and 3 steps to empower you to play even bigger than you ever have before. Matter of fact she challenges you to see the desires that God has for you which MORE than what you can see. She shows you how what God wants is as it says in Ephesians 3:20 – Abundantly Above All You Could Ever Ask Or Think.
You can start 2020 staying in comfort or excepting good enough or you can move into ALL that’s possible for you as the insight Nicole shares with you gives you the motivation and tools to overcome anything that could keep you from that BIG BOLD desire in your heart so that you become the person you’re destined to be.
You will also hear insight from Nicole’s own journey and despite reaching the pinnacle of success in the career she had dreamed of since she was a little girl in the entertainment industry, she had her own PIVOT into her power moment. Get the steps you need to move into 2020 more powerful than you ever have before.
“If your dream doesn’t scare you, then simply you’re not playing big enough” - Nicole Roberts Jones
- 1:00 – Challenges to successful women
- 4:06 – What’s it like to be in your comfort zone
- 5:09 – Nicole shares her brilliant life story
- 7:58 – Her path towards becoming a life coach
- 13:58 – Adapting and learning the environment
- 16:10 – The reason to expand one’s horizon
- 19:25 – “We all have a special part to play to transform this world when we say YES to it” - Nicole Roberts Jones
- 20:55 – The good grip to your own Faith
- 21:59 – “If your dream doesn’t scare you, then simply you’re not playing big enough” – Nicole Roberts Jones
- 23:50 – Doing what you have to do to face fear
- 25:52 – “Seeing my dream in action is greater than my fear” – Nicole Roberts Jones
“Seeing my dream in action is greater than my fear” – Nicole Roberts Jones
“I declare that I am going to live the unlimited version of myself.” - Dr. Oneeka Williams
Dr. Oneeka Williams ranks among the top Urologic Surgeons in the United States with the commitment to inspire all children, and especially girls, towards a greater interest in science, a positive attitude, and the pursuit of excellence in all their endeavors. To further her advocacy of literacy and science education, she is authored a series of books called Dr. Dee Dee Dynamo to encourage kids to live a life without limits. In addition to her work with kids, she has expanded her habits of positivity and now also has programming for adults.
During this episode, Dr. Oneeka shares her childhood experiences and how she overcame her early challenges and how she remained focused to do the things she was destined for. She also shares that light bulb moment that led her to create Dr. Dee Dee Dynamo and expand into the adult work she is doing now. Listen in to this episode and discover the limitless opportunities available to you.
“God chooses ordinary people and gives them extraordinary assignments.” - Dr. Oneeka Williams
- 00:20 – Who is Dr. Oneeka Williams?
- 03:10 – “I declare that I am going to live the unlimited version of myself.” - Dr. Oneeka Williams
- 04:40 – Raise your hand for that unlimited moment
- 06:35 – “God chooses ordinary people and gives them extraordinary assignments.” - Dr. Oneeka Williams
- 09:20 – Knowing our whys
- 10:10 – “God doesn’t call us to stop and standstill”- Dr. Oneeka Williams
- 11:50 – Living out your purpose
- 13:35 – Understanding how challenges develop us
- 15:30 – The Light Bulb moment
- 16:10 – Birth of Dr. Dee Dee Dynamo
- 18:30 – “The power of positivity is not having the world to be always alright but having coping mechanisms to face every challenge.” - Dr. Oneeka Williams
- 21:10 – Choosing between the best of both worlds
- 24:20 – Three steps to live with your unlimited self
- 28:10 – “The enemy of good is better” – Dr. Oneeka Williams
“God doesn’t call us to stop and standstill”- Dr. Oneeka Williams
“I have to find my voice and not play small” - Cecilia Nelson-Hurt
Cecilia Nelson-Hurt is the Assistant Vice President for Diversity and Inclusion for L’Oréal USA, and is responsible for shaping the company’s diversity efforts through innovative initiatives to ensure equal opportunity workplace. She is also an Advisory Board Member of Black Women of Influence (BWOI) , a sisterhood of highly accomplished women. She also serves on the boards of YouthBridge NY and the Vogue Knitting Diversity Advisory Council where she helps each organization create diverse and inclusive strategies.
On this episode, Cecilia shares her vision to continually strive for more and to never settle for less, which has shaped her career. She also shares her trailblazing success from being a recruiter of an affinity group to becoming a front liner for women of color. She encourages women to constantly believe in their own abilities. Listen to this episode and find out how openness and curiosity make a huge difference in going after what’s next for you.
“I acknowledge that there is room for all” - Cecilia Nelson-Hurt
- 00:53 – Who is Cecilia Nelson-Hurt?
- 02:10 – How she got into Diversity and Inclusion
- 08:51 – Joining the affinity group leadership
- 13:14 – How she knew that there was MORE for her to do
- 16:06 – Sitting in 2 spaces
- 16:50 – Lacking diversity in the knitting community
- 18:45 – The opportunity to find her voice
- 19:16 – “I have to find my voice and not play small” - Cecilia Nelson-Hurt
- 19:57 – Finding value in your passion
- 22:56 – Getting over self-doubt
- 24:58 – “I acknowledge that there is room for all” - Cecilia Nelson-Hurt
- 25:10 – Staying ready to evolve
- 27:29 – Journey to becoming a storytelling
- 28:07 – “I am open to whatever comes” - Cecilia Nelson-Hurt
- 29:57 – Being in a state of openness
“I am open to whatever comes” - Cecilia Nelson-Hurt