“Your greatness is dying to come out.” – Nicole Roberts Jones
Are you living a comfortable successful life? What if I were to tell you that there is another level of success for you on the other side of your comfort zone that will require you to sacrifice your good for your great?
The question is what are you willing to let go of in exchange for your future?
In this insightful episode, Nicole Roberts Jones, the Fierce Files host, challenges you to move past what is good to ascend into what’s great! Nicole shares her own realization and her move from good to great in the midst of having a successful career in the entertainment industry. She reveals how she really has seen the Bible verse Romans 8:28 come to life not just in her life but in countless other women she has coached in the last 20 plus years as this episode invites you into the journey!
“People need that gift in you.” – Nicole Roberts Jones
- 01:16 – “Your greatness is dying to come out.” – Nicole Roberts Jones
- 01:48 – Letting go of the Good in exchange for the Great
- 03:30 – The realization of what she wants to do
- 05:09 – Standing on the crossroad
- 06:28 – “Greatness is you say YES to do YOU.” – Nicole Roberts Jones
- 06:59 – Developing from good to great
- 10:22 – “People need that gift in you.” – Nicole Roberts Jones
- 11:05 – The good is calling for the great
- 13:59 – 3 steps in moving to your greatness
- 14:59 – “You have the power to choose who you are and what you want.” – Nicole Roberts Jones
“You have the power to choose who you are and what you want.” – Nicole Roberts Jones
“Anything that was not of God, I have to shake it.” – Sonia Jackson Myles
Sonia Jackson Myles is the Founder of The Sister Accord Movement and the Author of “The Sister Accord: 51 Ways To Love Your Sister”. Before launching her Sister Accord business full-time, Sonia was an executive in Corporate America with over 20 years of experience. She has worked for Ford Motor Company, The Gillette Company and The Procter & Gamble Company. Her last corporate role was as P&G’s Director, Global Packaging Purchases, where she managed $6B in spend.
During this episode, Sonia walks us through the process of her saying yes to her purpose! Despite her booming career in the corporate world, she knew it was time to say yes to the billion dollar gift inside of her and to build it. In sharing her story, Sonia gives you the insight that helped her to find her purpose so that you too can find your purpose knowing that others out there need you. Discover the steps to bring your purpose, your dreams to life!
“The sister accord is about the people I’ve been called to serve.” – Sonia Jackson Myles
- 00:52 – Sonia’s professional background
- 04:36 – The defining moment of her career
- 07:31 – The birth of Sister Accord
- 11:36 – When she decided to accept God’s gift
- 17:14 – Upside in facing your fears
- 18:44 – Bringing her dream to life
- 22:28 – 3 fundamental steps in her transformation
- 22:52 – “Anything that was not of God, I have to shake it.” – Sonia Jackson Myles
- 25:59 – “The sister accord is about the people I’ve been called to serve.” – Sonia Jackson Myles
- 28:14 – Invitation to the Slay Summit
- 29:49 – “Everyone need to be operating in purpose.” – Sonia Jackson Myles
“Everyone needs to be operating in purpose.” – Sonia Jackson Myles
“What got you to where you are may not get you to where you want to be.” - Michelle Gadsden-Williams
Michelle Gadsden-Williams is the managing director of North America Inclusion and Diversity at Accenture and has more than 25 years of experience as an advocate for equality within corporate America. She is also an Executive Committee Member of the Women’s Leadership Board of the John F. Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University. She is an author, entrepreneur, producer, and philanthropist. In addition to her many titles, she is considered a thought leader around inclusion and diversity.
On this episode, Michelle gives away a powerful message that will surely motivate you to become the best version of yourself. With her book, Climb, she is set out to inspire people to find their passion and get to where they want to be. As she shares her own journey into finding her purpose, she reveals the biggest lessons she learned over the years. Listen in and find out how to reach for your north star.
“Lift others while you climb.” - Michelle Gadsden-Williams
- 00:52 – Michelle’s Introduction
- 02:00 – The journey to her own star
- 05:34 – Self-reflection and Self-discovery
- 07:57 – Building her Internal Brand
- 09:10 – “It’s all about passion, purpose, and power.” - Michelle Gadsden-Williams
- 11:07 – Biggest lessons she learned over the years
- 13:06 – What she does to take care of herself
- 14:11 – Coming up with the title “Climb”
- 16:23 – Steps in going after your North Star
- 19:17 – “I’m going to choose courage over comfort.” - Michelle Gadsden-Williams
- 20:15 – “What got you to where you are may not get you to where you want to be.” - Michelle Gadsden-Williams
- 25:49 – “Lift others while you climb.” - Michelle Gadsden-Williams
“It’s all about passion, purpose, and power.” - Michelle Gadsden-Williams
- Climb: Taking Every Step with Conviction, Courage, and Calculated Risk to Achieve a Thriving Career and a Successful Life - Book
“Our values are the coordinates that we should be using to get to our destination.” – Monica Cost
Monica Cost is a Pathfinder, author, and speaker, dedicated to creating value-aligned strategies for professionals, entrepreneurs, and personalities, through consulting, facilitation, and keynotes. Monica became the first Black Female Broker for any major commercial real estate in Massachusetts and then shifted to become a full-time pathfinder for entrepreneurs around the globe. Having abandoned societal expectations for a journey to her authentic life, Monica has equipped thousands with the ability to move towards overall life success.
On this episode, Monica shares her own journey into finding her destination, with the aid of her own core values. She encourages every one of us to become value-aligned and shift away from all the labels that society has enforced upon us. This is a very interesting episode about finding our own values that will move us from the “Land of Make Believe” to the “Land of Truth and Authenticity”.
“Once you become value-aligned, you will never turn back again.” – Monica Cost
- 01:14 – Who is Monica Cost?
- 02:38 – How she became a Pathfinder
- 06:16 – The Truth Positioning System (TPS)
- 06:59 – “Our values are the coordinates that we should be using to get to our destination.” – Monica Cost
- 09:45 – Knowing that you are not living with your values
- 10:50 – Value System of different people
- 15:04 – The journey to her own destination
- 16:22 – Downside of chasing labels
- 21:39 – From a real estate broker to building her business
- 23:27 – “Once you become value-aligned, you will never turn back again.” – Monica Cost
- 24:48 – 3 steps you take to move into the value-aligned living
- 26:10 – “Identify your core values.” – Monica Cost
“Identify your core values.” – Monica Cost
“The key to life is to make decisions out of love, not fear.” – Abby Medcalf
Abby Medcalf is a psychologist, author, and speaker who has helped thousands of people create happy and connected relationships. She is the author of the #1 Amazon best-selling book, “Be Happily Married, even if Your Partner Won’t Do a Thing,” the host of the top-rated “Relationships Made Easy” Podcast and has been a featured expert on CBS and ABC news. With her unique blend of hands-on experience, comprehensive research, and humor, she provides practical, usable tools that can transform any relationship into a fulfilling, communication machine.
During the episode, Abby reveals the secret to a loving relationship that ultimately results in happiness and complete satisfaction. She explains how fear and rage disconnect people, especially couples, and contribute to the downfall of relationships. Her journey from being a drug addict to a sought-after speaker will surely inspire and encourage you to find your true passion. Listen to this episode and discover the key to a happy and satisfying relationship.
“You cannot base a love relationship on fear.” – Abby Medcalf
- 00:53 – Abby Medcalf introduction and background
- 04:13 – Journey to the realization of her calling
- 11:05 – “The key to life is to make decisions out of love, not fear.” – Abby Medcalf
- 12:23 – Impact of your choices in life
- 13:00 – What happens when fear takes over
- 14:39 – “Look at where you feel helpless and take action.” – Abby Medcalf
- 19:38 – “You cannot base a love relationship on fear.” – Abby Medcalf
- 19:41 – The key to the discovery of her passion
- 23:12 – Meditation and being at the moment
- 27:18 – The power of listening
- 28:05 – Love brings peace
- 30:34 – “Have faith in Love” – Abby Medcalf
“Have faith in Love” – Abby Medcalf