“The key to life is to make decisions out of love, not fear.” – Abby Medcalf
Abby Medcalf is a psychologist, author, and speaker who has helped thousands of people create happy and connected relationships. She is the author of the #1 Amazon best-selling book, “Be Happily Married, even if Your Partner Won’t Do a Thing,” the host of the top-rated “Relationships Made Easy” Podcast and has been a featured expert on CBS and ABC news. With her unique blend of hands-on experience, comprehensive research, and humor, she provides practical, usable tools that can transform any relationship into a fulfilling, communication machine.
During the episode, Abby reveals the secret to a loving relationship that ultimately results in happiness and complete satisfaction. She explains how fear and rage disconnect people, especially couples, and contribute to the downfall of relationships. Her journey from being a drug addict to a sought-after speaker will surely inspire and encourage you to find your true passion. Listen to this episode and discover the key to a happy and satisfying relationship.
“You cannot base a love relationship on fear.” – Abby Medcalf
- 00:53 – Abby Medcalf introduction and background
- 04:13 – Journey to the realization of her calling
- 11:05 – “The key to life is to make decisions out of love, not fear.” – Abby Medcalf
- 12:23 – Impact of your choices in life
- 13:00 – What happens when fear takes over
- 14:39 – “Look at where you feel helpless and take action.” – Abby Medcalf
- 19:38 – “You cannot base a love relationship on fear.” – Abby Medcalf
- 19:41 – The key to the discovery of her passion
- 23:12 – Meditation and being at the moment
- 27:18 – The power of listening
- 28:05 – Love brings peace
- 30:34 – “Have faith in Love” – Abby Medcalf
“Have faith in Love” – Abby Medcalf
“Be fierce about what you know.” - Cheryl Walker-Robertson
Cheryl Walker-Robertson is the founder of Protocol International, an organization that provides transformative training and coaching for today’s executives and tomorrow’s business leaders. Ms. Walker-Robertson, widely recognized as a person of extraordinary insight and ability is often in demand as a speaker and expert on the critical issues facing today’s market. Her wide-ranging expertise includes executive leadership, coaching, organizational management, and interpersonal protocol and professional skills development. Her client range represents Fortune 500 businesses, government, education, entertainment and more.
On this episode, Cheryl shares the amazing realization of her gift which eventually became the light of her career. After receiving her very first paycheck from an unexpected offer, she decided to build her own business, thus, the birth of Protocol International. She believes that every woman has her own gift, something she is very good at, and she inspires all the women to appreciate it and go beyond. Listen in and find out what it takes to say YES to your gift!
“No one knows more about what you do than you.” - Cheryl Walker-Robertson
- 01:02 – Who is Cheryl Walker-Robertson?
- 02:59 – The realization of Protocol International
- 09:26 – Shifting her gift into a business
- 10:25 – The Light House Effect
- 10:52 – “That thing that you’re so good at becomes light.” - Cheryl Walker-Robertson
- 11:50 – The process of building the business
- 13:29 – What it takes to say YES to your gift
- 14:37 – “When you’re an entrepreneur, you have to make hardcore decisions all the time.” - Cheryl Walker-Robertson
- 19:00 – Cheryl’s advice: 3 steps in leveling up your gift
- 19:18 – “Be fierce about what you know.” - Cheryl Walker-Robertson
- 20:07 – “No one knows more about what you do than you.” - Cheryl Walker-Robertson
“When you’re an entrepreneur, you have to make hardcore decisions all the time.” - Cheryl Walker-Robertson
“Don’t let what you don’t know to stop you from moving forward” - Debbie Lorenzo of @francesgreyny
Debbie Lorenzo is the founder and designer of Frances Grey, a line of custom, statement hats designed with a bold and creative sensibility. Years prior to starting her own company, Debbie found her great grandmother’s passport and knew it meant something special. That woman, Frances Grey, a seamstress from the beautiful island of Jamaica, would become the inspiration and namesake of this new line and woman-run business.
During this episode, Debbie will share powerful insights about finding yourself again. She shares her story of being a young mom and after a very tough divorce having to reinvent herself including ways she created long-lasting change. Learn why putting yourself first is a priority and improves your happiness and overall productivity. Find out what to do when you don’t know what to do and prevent fear from stopping you from living your best life.
“Learn every aspect of your business” - Debbie Lorenzo of @francesgreyny
- 00:57 - Debbie’s background and introduction
- 02:32 - Reinventing yourself and going back to school
- 07:53 - Realizing that you are on the right path
- 10:27 - Positively working with your daughter
- 15:52 - Choosing yourself first before serving others
- 17:28 - “If I better myself I’ll be good for you” - Debbie Lorenzo of @francesgreyny
- 20:29 - Reaching your crossroads in life
- 21:54 - “Don’t let what you don’t know to stop you from moving forward” - Debbie Lorenzo of @francesgreyny
- 24:56 - Insight advice for new and veteran entrepreneurs
- 26:21 - “Learn every aspect of your business” - Debbie Lorenzo of @francesgreyny
“If I better myself I’ll be good for you” - Debbie Lorenzo of @francesgreyny
“We all get ideas all the time but we don’t act on them” - Dr. Sheila Robinson
Dr. Sheila Robinson is the founder & publisher of Diversity Woman Magazine, a professional business magazine for women leaders, executives, and entrepreneurs of all races, cultures, and backgrounds. Sheila has been honored with the MEAC Image Award as a positive role model for young women. Other honors include 2011 Minority Business Person of the Year by the Greensboro Chamber of Commerce, 2017 National Association of Female Executives Entrepreneur of the Year Award, and in 2018 a Global Leaders Hall of Fame Award.
During this episode, Sheila shares how you can be all that you desire to be by pursuing your vision and true purpose in life. Learn why you need to define success in your own words to actually become successful. Find out what to do when you start hitting a brick wall and why it actually may be necessary.
“Define what success means to you?” - Dr. Sheila Robinson
- 00:53 - Sheila’s background and introduction
- 03:37 - Leaving corporate America…
- 04:42 - “We all get ideas all the time but we don’t act on them” - Dr. Sheila Robinson
- 05:26 - Hitting a brick wall and overcoming major obstacles
- 07:03 - “Define what success means to you?” - Dr. Sheila Robinson
- 11:46 - How to actually move into your MORE and follow your dreams
- 14:10 - “Explore what your next goal and desire is” - Dr. Sheila Robinson
- 19:40 - Giving yourself permission to decide
- 25:58 - Focusing on your own journey
“Explore what your next goal and desire is” - Dr. Sheila Robinson
“In order to grow you have to move and change” - @pamperry
Pam Perry is an award-winning communications professional, publisher of Speakers Magazine and founder of the National Association of Black Podcasters. She is known as the master of connecting the right people, for the right project, at the right time – Pam Perry PR works hard to help her clients’ brand (and get paid) like a superstar.
During this episode, Pam will share the value of owning your own media. Find out how to help your business and your brand stand out and shine in the spotlight so that you grow your business exponentially and in ways that you may have never thought were possible for you.
“Don’t settle. Go to the next level” - @pamperry
- 00:51 - Pam’s background and introduction
- 03:50 - Why you should say yes to your next!
- 05:09 - “In order to grow you have to move and change” - @pamperry
- 06:41 - Testing your faith as CEO of multiple companies
- 12:36 - “You’ve got to own your own media” - @pamperry
- 18:10 - Staying ahead of the curve to be successful
- 24:21 - Actionable steps to stand out and shine online
“You’ve got to own your own media” - @pamperry