“We all have a special part to play to transform this world when we say YES to it” - Nicole Roberts Jones
In this episode Nicole challenges you to step into the next level of you in 2020. She shares what the power of becoming really means and 3 steps to empower you to play even bigger than you ever have before. Matter of fact she challenges you to see the desires that God has for you which MORE than what you can see. She shows you how what God wants is as it says in Ephesians 3:20 – Abundantly Above All You Could Ever Ask Or Think.
You can start 2020 staying in comfort or excepting good enough or you can move into ALL that’s possible for you as the insight Nicole shares with you gives you the motivation and tools to overcome anything that could keep you from that BIG BOLD desire in your heart so that you become the person you’re destined to be.
You will also hear insight from Nicole’s own journey and despite reaching the pinnacle of success in the career she had dreamed of since she was a little girl in the entertainment industry, she had her own PIVOT into her power moment. Get the steps you need to move into 2020 more powerful than you ever have before.
“If your dream doesn’t scare you, then simply you’re not playing big enough” - Nicole Roberts Jones
- 1:00 – Challenges to successful women
- 4:06 – What’s it like to be in your comfort zone
- 5:09 – Nicole shares her brilliant life story
- 7:58 – Her path towards becoming a life coach
- 13:58 – Adapting and learning the environment
- 16:10 – The reason to expand one’s horizon
- 19:25 – “We all have a special part to play to transform this world when we say YES to it” - Nicole Roberts Jones
- 20:55 – The good grip to your own Faith
- 21:59 – “If your dream doesn’t scare you, then simply you’re not playing big enough” – Nicole Roberts Jones
- 23:50 – Doing what you have to do to face fear
- 25:52 – “Seeing my dream in action is greater than my fear” – Nicole Roberts Jones
“Seeing my dream in action is greater than my fear” – Nicole Roberts Jones
“I declare that I am going to live the unlimited version of myself.” - Dr. Oneeka Williams
Dr. Oneeka Williams ranks among the top Urologic Surgeons in the United States with the commitment to inspire all children, and especially girls, towards a greater interest in science, a positive attitude, and the pursuit of excellence in all their endeavors. To further her advocacy of literacy and science education, she is authored a series of books called Dr. Dee Dee Dynamo to encourage kids to live a life without limits. In addition to her work with kids, she has expanded her habits of positivity and now also has programming for adults.
During this episode, Dr. Oneeka shares her childhood experiences and how she overcame her early challenges and how she remained focused to do the things she was destined for. She also shares that light bulb moment that led her to create Dr. Dee Dee Dynamo and expand into the adult work she is doing now. Listen in to this episode and discover the limitless opportunities available to you.
“God chooses ordinary people and gives them extraordinary assignments.” - Dr. Oneeka Williams
- 00:20 – Who is Dr. Oneeka Williams?
- 03:10 – “I declare that I am going to live the unlimited version of myself.” - Dr. Oneeka Williams
- 04:40 – Raise your hand for that unlimited moment
- 06:35 – “God chooses ordinary people and gives them extraordinary assignments.” - Dr. Oneeka Williams
- 09:20 – Knowing our whys
- 10:10 – “God doesn’t call us to stop and standstill”- Dr. Oneeka Williams
- 11:50 – Living out your purpose
- 13:35 – Understanding how challenges develop us
- 15:30 – The Light Bulb moment
- 16:10 – Birth of Dr. Dee Dee Dynamo
- 18:30 – “The power of positivity is not having the world to be always alright but having coping mechanisms to face every challenge.” - Dr. Oneeka Williams
- 21:10 – Choosing between the best of both worlds
- 24:20 – Three steps to live with your unlimited self
- 28:10 – “The enemy of good is better” – Dr. Oneeka Williams
“God doesn’t call us to stop and standstill”- Dr. Oneeka Williams
“I have to find my voice and not play small” - Cecilia Nelson-Hurt
Cecilia Nelson-Hurt is the Assistant Vice President for Diversity and Inclusion for L’Oréal USA, and is responsible for shaping the company’s diversity efforts through innovative initiatives to ensure equal opportunity workplace. She is also an Advisory Board Member of Black Women of Influence (BWOI) , a sisterhood of highly accomplished women. She also serves on the boards of YouthBridge NY and the Vogue Knitting Diversity Advisory Council where she helps each organization create diverse and inclusive strategies.
On this episode, Cecilia shares her vision to continually strive for more and to never settle for less, which has shaped her career. She also shares her trailblazing success from being a recruiter of an affinity group to becoming a front liner for women of color. She encourages women to constantly believe in their own abilities. Listen to this episode and find out how openness and curiosity make a huge difference in going after what’s next for you.
“I acknowledge that there is room for all” - Cecilia Nelson-Hurt
- 00:53 – Who is Cecilia Nelson-Hurt?
- 02:10 – How she got into Diversity and Inclusion
- 08:51 – Joining the affinity group leadership
- 13:14 – How she knew that there was MORE for her to do
- 16:06 – Sitting in 2 spaces
- 16:50 – Lacking diversity in the knitting community
- 18:45 – The opportunity to find her voice
- 19:16 – “I have to find my voice and not play small” - Cecilia Nelson-Hurt
- 19:57 – Finding value in your passion
- 22:56 – Getting over self-doubt
- 24:58 – “I acknowledge that there is room for all” - Cecilia Nelson-Hurt
- 25:10 – Staying ready to evolve
- 27:29 – Journey to becoming a storytelling
- 28:07 – “I am open to whatever comes” - Cecilia Nelson-Hurt
- 29:57 – Being in a state of openness
“I am open to whatever comes” - Cecilia Nelson-Hurt
“You have to give back more to YOU, so you have more to give” - Nicole Roberts Jones
As Nicole celebrates her 50th birthday, in this episode she shares 50 life lessons she has learned along the way. You will hear insight, perspective, moments of shifting and a challenge she gives to every listener. At the end of this episode Nicole encourages you to take stock of your journey and to really take a moment of reflection on all that you have learned along the way no matter if you are in your 30’s or in your 70’s, she invites you to join her and celebrate your journey as you listen in to Nicole share her highlights from her own
“Age is nothing but a number” - Nicole Roberts Jones
- 1:38 – “You have to give back more to YOU, so you have more to give” - Nicole Roberts Jones
- 1:44 – “Age is nothing but a number” - Nicole Roberts Jones
- 4:21 – “The things that you don’t use go to atrophy”- Nicole Roberts Jones
- 10:25 – “Don’t let fear stop you from going after your next level” - Nicole Roberts Jones
- 19:05 – “You have to admit when you’re wrong and fix it” - Nicole Roberts Jones
“Don’t let fear stop you from going after your next level” - Nicole Roberts Jones
“Are you willing to do your passion for free?” - Kiesha Nix
Kiesha Nix is the Executive Director of the Lakers Youth Foundation who oversees and directs programming and funding priorities for the charitable arm of the Los Angeles Lakers. Formerly, Kiesha served as Vice President in Enterprise Business & Community Relations at Bank of America and was employed by Bank of America – Merrill Lynch for over 21 years. Plus Kiesha works with countless non-profit organizations and mentors youth throughout her Community and is . also a proud Mom of one son, Kyler.
During the episode, Kiesha shares how throughout her journey hard work has set her apart in all she does. She also shares insight from her big move from the banking industry to the philanthropy community, which paved the way to using her passion as a tool that craved out her next best career move. She reveals self-motivating insights that will help women shift to following the desires of their hearts. She also shares her inspiring journey as a single mom to her son who, according to her, is her greatest success.
“It is not about what you know and who you know, it’s about who knows you” - Kiesha Nix
- 01:03 – Who is Kiesha Nix?
- 02:38 – Why she shifted into the philanthropy community?
- 04:15 – Saying YES to her passion
- 04:46 – “Are you willing to do your passion for free?” - Kiesha Nix
- 05:53 – The big move that changed her life
- 07:33 – How she raised her son as a single mom
- 12:00 – Becoming the Kiesha she is now
- 12:22 – “I just aspired to more” - Kiesha Nix
- 14:34 – Moving the agenda forward
- 16:51 – “It is not about what you know and who you know, it’s about who knows you” - Kiesha Nix
- 18:05 – 3 things to do when finding your true purpose
- 21:26 – Takeaways from Kiesha
- 22:57 – The difference between a coach and a mentor
- 24:17 – Her powerful advice to the ladies
- 25:15 – “Playing small is over” - Kiesha Nix
“Playing small is over” - Kiesha Nix