“I declare that I am going to live the unlimited version of myself.” - Dr. Oneeka Williams
Dr. Oneeka Williams ranks among the top Urologic Surgeons in the United States with the commitment to inspire all children, and especially girls, towards a greater interest in science, a positive attitude, and the pursuit of excellence in all their endeavors. To further her advocacy of literacy and science education, she is authored a series of books called Dr. Dee Dee Dynamo to encourage kids to live a life without limits. In addition to her work with kids, she has expanded her habits of positivity and now also has programming for adults.
During this episode, Dr. Oneeka shares her childhood experiences and how she overcame her early challenges and how she remained focused to do the things she was destined for. She also shares that light bulb moment that led her to create Dr. Dee Dee Dynamo and expand into the adult work she is doing now. Listen in to this episode and discover the limitless opportunities available to you.
“God chooses ordinary people and gives them extraordinary assignments.” - Dr. Oneeka Williams
- 00:20 – Who is Dr. Oneeka Williams?
- 03:10 – “I declare that I am going to live the unlimited version of myself.” - Dr. Oneeka Williams
- 04:40 – Raise your hand for that unlimited moment
- 06:35 – “God chooses ordinary people and gives them extraordinary assignments.” - Dr. Oneeka Williams
- 09:20 – Knowing our whys
- 10:10 – “God doesn’t call us to stop and standstill”- Dr. Oneeka Williams
- 11:50 – Living out your purpose
- 13:35 – Understanding how challenges develop us
- 15:30 – The Light Bulb moment
- 16:10 – Birth of Dr. Dee Dee Dynamo
- 18:30 – “The power of positivity is not having the world to be always alright but having coping mechanisms to face every challenge.” - Dr. Oneeka Williams
- 21:10 – Choosing between the best of both worlds
- 24:20 – Three steps to live with your unlimited self
- 28:10 – “The enemy of good is better” – Dr. Oneeka Williams
“God doesn’t call us to stop and standstill”- Dr. Oneeka Williams
“I have to find my voice and not play small” - Cecilia Nelson-Hurt
Cecilia Nelson-Hurt is the Assistant Vice President for Diversity and Inclusion for L’Oréal USA, and is responsible for shaping the company’s diversity efforts through innovative initiatives to ensure equal opportunity workplace. She is also an Advisory Board Member of Black Women of Influence (BWOI) , a sisterhood of highly accomplished women. She also serves on the boards of YouthBridge NY and the Vogue Knitting Diversity Advisory Council where she helps each organization create diverse and inclusive strategies.
On this episode, Cecilia shares her vision to continually strive for more and to never settle for less, which has shaped her career. She also shares her trailblazing success from being a recruiter of an affinity group to becoming a front liner for women of color. She encourages women to constantly believe in their own abilities. Listen to this episode and find out how openness and curiosity make a huge difference in going after what’s next for you.
“I acknowledge that there is room for all” - Cecilia Nelson-Hurt
- 00:53 – Who is Cecilia Nelson-Hurt?
- 02:10 – How she got into Diversity and Inclusion
- 08:51 – Joining the affinity group leadership
- 13:14 – How she knew that there was MORE for her to do
- 16:06 – Sitting in 2 spaces
- 16:50 – Lacking diversity in the knitting community
- 18:45 – The opportunity to find her voice
- 19:16 – “I have to find my voice and not play small” - Cecilia Nelson-Hurt
- 19:57 – Finding value in your passion
- 22:56 – Getting over self-doubt
- 24:58 – “I acknowledge that there is room for all” - Cecilia Nelson-Hurt
- 25:10 – Staying ready to evolve
- 27:29 – Journey to becoming a storytelling
- 28:07 – “I am open to whatever comes” - Cecilia Nelson-Hurt
- 29:57 – Being in a state of openness
“I am open to whatever comes” - Cecilia Nelson-Hurt
“You have to give back more to YOU, so you have more to give” - Nicole Roberts Jones
As Nicole celebrates her 50th birthday, in this episode she shares 50 life lessons she has learned along the way. You will hear insight, perspective, moments of shifting and a challenge she gives to every listener. At the end of this episode Nicole encourages you to take stock of your journey and to really take a moment of reflection on all that you have learned along the way no matter if you are in your 30’s or in your 70’s, she invites you to join her and celebrate your journey as you listen in to Nicole share her highlights from her own
“Age is nothing but a number” - Nicole Roberts Jones
- 1:38 – “You have to give back more to YOU, so you have more to give” - Nicole Roberts Jones
- 1:44 – “Age is nothing but a number” - Nicole Roberts Jones
- 4:21 – “The things that you don’t use go to atrophy”- Nicole Roberts Jones
- 10:25 – “Don’t let fear stop you from going after your next level” - Nicole Roberts Jones
- 19:05 – “You have to admit when you’re wrong and fix it” - Nicole Roberts Jones
“Don’t let fear stop you from going after your next level” - Nicole Roberts Jones
“Are you willing to do your passion for free?” - Kiesha Nix
Kiesha Nix is the Executive Director of the Lakers Youth Foundation who oversees and directs programming and funding priorities for the charitable arm of the Los Angeles Lakers. Formerly, Kiesha served as Vice President in Enterprise Business & Community Relations at Bank of America and was employed by Bank of America – Merrill Lynch for over 21 years. Plus Kiesha works with countless non-profit organizations and mentors youth throughout her Community and is . also a proud Mom of one son, Kyler.
During the episode, Kiesha shares how throughout her journey hard work has set her apart in all she does. She also shares insight from her big move from the banking industry to the philanthropy community, which paved the way to using her passion as a tool that craved out her next best career move. She reveals self-motivating insights that will help women shift to following the desires of their hearts. She also shares her inspiring journey as a single mom to her son who, according to her, is her greatest success.
“It is not about what you know and who you know, it’s about who knows you” - Kiesha Nix
- 01:03 – Who is Kiesha Nix?
- 02:38 – Why she shifted into the philanthropy community?
- 04:15 – Saying YES to her passion
- 04:46 – “Are you willing to do your passion for free?” - Kiesha Nix
- 05:53 – The big move that changed her life
- 07:33 – How she raised her son as a single mom
- 12:00 – Becoming the Kiesha she is now
- 12:22 – “I just aspired to more” - Kiesha Nix
- 14:34 – Moving the agenda forward
- 16:51 – “It is not about what you know and who you know, it’s about who knows you” - Kiesha Nix
- 18:05 – 3 things to do when finding your true purpose
- 21:26 – Takeaways from Kiesha
- 22:57 – The difference between a coach and a mentor
- 24:17 – Her powerful advice to the ladies
- 25:15 – “Playing small is over” - Kiesha Nix
“Playing small is over” - Kiesha Nix
“Your harvest doesn’t always come in the fields you planted them” – Dr. Vikki Johnson
Dr. Vikki Johnson is a transformational speaker, chaplain, and best-selling author who has transformed the lives of over half a million women. She has a successful 18-year corporate career but shifted into the film industry where she became an Emmy Award-winning media professional. She mentors women to be great in the mirror first then amazing in the marketplace and guide them into a life of perpetual peace and bliss with her book, “Soul Wealth: Finding Vision, Compassion, Authenticity, Abundance, And Legacy In The Midst Of Chaos”.
During the episode, Dr. Vikki walks us through the seasons of her life where she ended a successful corporate career to find what was missing in her life. She shares her amazing transition knowing that there is more to life that God has prepared her for. This is a motivating conversation, especially for women who are still in search of their true purpose.
“You need your faith when you don’t know what’s next” – Dr. Vikki Johnson
01:03 – Dr. Vikki Johnson’s introduction
02:16 – What was standing in her truth
02:30 – “What I’m passionate about is to guide women into that place of authenticity so that they can live in perpetual peace” – Dr. Vikki Johnson
04:44 – The awakening
07:02 – Ending her 18-year career
07:28 – “Your harvest doesn’t always come in the fields you planted them” – Dr. Vikki Johnson
09:29 – “You need your faith when you don’t know what’s next” – Dr. Vikki Johnson
13:59 – During her surrender, things started to shift
17:13 – “Being attached to nothing connects me to everything” – Dr. Vikki Johnson
17:40 – Opening a new self in pursuit of her next
23:59 – What to do when you are in your next level
27:15 – Letting God manifest in you
“Being attached to nothing connects me to everything” – Dr. Vikki Johnson