If you don’t change you’re not growing, if you’re growing you’re not living” - Trisch Smith
Trisch Smith is the Global Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer at Edelman, a top global communications agency. She has managed stakeholder outreach, strategic positioning, reputation management, and public affairs campaigns for a host of Fortune 500 corporations, non-profits and associations seeking to engage a broad spectrum of stakeholders, including Chevron, Toyota, Starbucks, Girl Scouts of the USA, United Way of America and Walmart, among several others.
In this episode, Trisch will share how she was able to create change, develop the courage to embrace failure as an opportunity to grow, and achieve winning results. Learn why you have to think beyond the limits others have placed on you and how change is important for personal and professional development. Recognize your redefining moments and become who you were born to be!
“Standing in your truth means being all that you’re created to be” - Trisch Smith
- 00:51 - Trisch’s introduction and background
- 02:12 - How standing in your truth can help grow your career
- 04:09 - “Standing in your truth means being all that you’re created to be” - Trisch Smith
- 06:39 - Learning to embrace a massive failure
- 08:28 - “If you don’t change you’re not growing, if you’re growing you’re not living” - Trisch Smith
- 10:53 - The defining moment to make a change in your career
- 18:37 - Redefining the normal to fulfill your true purpose
- 22:09 - Are you using the gifts and talents you were given?
- 24:02 - How to blow up your box and succeed!
- 25:33 - “Just because it hasn’t been done doesn’t mean you can’t be the one to do it” - Trisch Smith
“Just because it hasn’t been done doesn’t mean you can’t be the one to do it” - Trisch Smith
“When you put your intention out there and make it known, it comes back” - Robin Glasco
Robin Glasco is a transformational, dynamic leader that believes the status quo in healthcare is not sustainable. She has over 25 years of healthcare experience serving in numerous senior leadership accountability in strategic planning, innovation, business development, market strategy, and product development.
In this episode, Robin will share how she developed the courage to impact change in the healthcare industry. Find ways to live outside your comfort zone and align your purpose with your paycheck. Now, get ready to successfully embrace change in your own personal and professional life!
“I want to do for others what was done for me” - Robin Glasco
- 01:03 - Robin’s introduction and background
- 02:03 - Having the courage to impact the healthcare industry
- 12:41 - Lettings go in order to move into your more
- 15:25 - “I want to do for others what was done for me” - Robin Glasco
- 19:43 - How to build trust equity with others
- 21:57 - “I’m always going to be that voice for those that don’t have one” - Robin Glasco
- 22:21 - Living outside of your comfort to reach massive success
- 23:37 - Embracing change in your personal and professional life
- 27:45 - “When you put your intention out there and make it known, it comes back” - Robin Glasco
- 29:35 - Best advice for those seeking out ultimate success
“I’m always going to be that voice for those that don’t have one” - Robin Glasco
“The obstacles really become obsolete.” - Jacqui Conrad
Jacqui Conrad is the Vice President of Marketing, Communications & Public Relations where she oversees all of the communications, marketing, advertising, and events that promote, enhance and protect the college’s brand and messaging. She is responsible for the development, integration, and implementation of a broad range of public relations activities that support the strategic direction and positioning of the College as a pioneer in adult learning.
During this episode, Jacqui shares the big bold move she made to leave her steady income job at a moment when she knew in her gut that despite the fact that she was a single mom and a new home owner, she just had to say yes to the rumble inside of her. And it wasn’t just that time but every time she has made a significant life shifting decision ever since. Jacqui gives you insight into the strategic road map she used to ultimately reach beyond where she was into arenas she did not even know were possible. Her story will inspire you to find your own courage to say yes, be bold, and more into your MORE!
“It wasn’t even about me, it was about my son” - Jacqui Conrad
- 01:05 - Jacqui’s introduction and background
- 03:31 - Leaving a stable income job to start your own business
- 07:43 - “The obstacles really become obsolete.” - Jacqui Conrad
- 08:14 - How to find the courage to be bold
- 13:37 - “It wasn’t even about me, it was about my son” - Jacqui Conrad
- 15:33 - Insight into failure as a new entrepreneur
- 18:23 - Say YES and move into your more!
- 22:25 - The fear of disappointing others and perfectionism
- 23:41 - “We are always more than enough because God doesn’t make mistakes” - Jacqui Conrad
- 24:48 - Motivational words to help your through difficult times
“We are always more than enough because God doesn’t make mistakes” - Jacqui Conrad
“You’re a legacy in the making!” - Nicole Roberts Jones
In this episode, Nicole Roberts Jones challenges you as we enter Women’s History month, to look at how you are living your life as a legacy in the making. How is your life a light for others to come behind you? Expect to be challenged to look deeply inside yourself for the answer.
As you listen, Nicole shares four steps you need to make a pivot to go after creating your own legacy as she encourages you to use these strategies to make both our ancestors proud and to create your own legacy so that you make YOUR mark in this world. It’s time to say YES and move into the next best version of you so that as you TRULY allow your light to shine, you allow others to come behind you, just as our ancestors have done before us.
“How is your life a light for others to come behind you?” - Nicole Roberts Jones
- 00:50 - Asking yourself a very powerful question
- 05:53 - “How is your life a light for others to come behind you?” - Nicole Roberts Jones
- 08:15 - How is your life and work a legacy in the making?
- 09:30 - When Nicole realized her MORE
- 14:00 - “You’re a legacy in the making!” - Nicole Roberts Jones
- 17:34 - Four steps to say YES and move into your more
- 18:03 - “God will let you live on whatever level you settle for.” - Nicole Roberts Jones
- 20:58 - Can you go after your legacy alone?
- 30:33 - Episode conclusion & inspiration to take action
“God will let you live on whatever level you settle for.” - Nicole Roberts Jones
“You don’t have to apologize for your greatness” - Cheryl Polote Williamson
Cheryl Polote Williamson is a visionary entrepreneur who helps women build businesses and personal relationships that are built on honesty, integrity, and trust. She is also a sought after motivational speaker that encourages, captivates, and empowers audiences.
During the episode, Cheryl reveals the importance of being Affirmed and shared the story behind her Affirm Movement. She gives away three powerful steps that you need to incorporate in your lives in order to speak what you seek to be made real in your life. She believes that what you call into your life is bound to happen as long as you have the confidence that it will manifest.
“You have the power to change your life by what you speak over your life” ¬- Cheryl Polote Williamson
- 00:57 – Cheryl’s introduction
- 02:28 – How did ‘standing in her truth’ helped her in her journey?
- 2:38 – “What you see on social media is not what you get from people in person” - Cheryl Polote Williamson
- 4:37 – What is the Affirm Movement?
- 7:07 – The inspiration behind the Affirm Movement
- 8:47 – How confidence in yourself lead you to greatness?
- 9:00 – “It’s impossible to beat somebody who competes against nobody” - Cheryl Polote Williamson
- 14:18 – The power of the mind
- 14:58 – “You have the power to change your life by what you speak over your life” ¬- Cheryl Polote Williamson
- 19:09 – What are the 3 P’s?
- 20:34 – Three things you have to change in order for affirmation to work
- 29:11 – “You don’t have to apologize for your greatness” - Cheryl Polote Williamson
“It’s impossible to beat somebody who competes against nobody” - Cheryl Polote Williamson