As an entrepreneur, it is easy to start your business based on your expertise knowing exactly what your customers need. However, no matter how dynamic you are as a sales expert, image consultant, marketing maven, a coach, a speaker, an author, etc… no matter how phenomenal your product or service is, the simple truth is that no one says yes to you or what you do it if they don’t believe you are the solution to their problem. The one question every customer is thinking in their mind is WIIFM = What’s In It For Me? So at the end of the day, who you are as a business owner is really NOT about you! It’s ALL about the people you serve and their ability to see you as the answer to their problem. And once they see what they need in you, it makes it easy for them to say yes to you. So how do you use the WIIFM factor to stand out in a crowded market? Here are the 3 questions you must address as part of the visibility plan for your business.
- Why Do My Customers Need Me? How does what you do answer their problem and how do you package it in a way that they see not just the outcome that you will help them get to, but the value that you provide in the provision of that service.
- Who Are They? Truly understanding the population you serve is key. After all, NO ONE serves everyone but if you can hone in on the exact group of people that your products & services are ideal for and speak only to them, it makes all the difference in the world! If you tailor your provision of services to who they are, what they do, their lifestyle and focus, you will have a winning combination that will generate revenue effortlessly.
- How Are They Being Served? You have to know what is happening out in your marketplace. Who else is serving your target population and in what way are they being served and how? You must know who your competitors are & what you do that is NOT being addressed or how you address it in a different way. The goal is to stand out, not fit in.
Assuring your business answers these 3 questions in all you do, will make a fundamental difference in your ability not just to sell but to stand out. Without it, when you or your business is not using your marketing as a visibility tactic to stand out as the answer to a need, it’s like you are a caterpillar in a cocoon. Think about the big difference between a caterpillar and a butterfly. And for some business owners your inability to make a profit, just simply means you are hiding in your own cocoon. You are sitting comfortably and not allowing yourself to be seen for the value and beauty you can bring to someone’s business or life!!
With this in mind, here are the final 2 steps to stand out in a crowded market, to grow your visibility.
- Get in front of them. This is why business owners that have a visibility strategy really DO generate revenue. I am talking about strategy around your message and your message platform that should include:
- Social Media (a Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, Instagram posting strategy)
- Video, Periscope & Blab
- Media (Radio, TV, guests on podcasts & teleseminars)
Having a visibility strategy allows your ideal clients to learn who you are and the value you bring. To walk you through this strategy plus more, grab a copy of my free eBook Elevate Power Pack which gives you the one tool you need to map out the visibility strategy for your business so that your brilliance will be heard, valued & wanted.
- Meet them where they are. Using a visibility strategy is not about you telling people what you do. It’s about your ideal client hearing what they need, the exact way that they need it coming from you. And when you do they will say things to you like, “oh my goodness, I feel you are talking directly to me.”
Implementing these 5 strategic steps will create a shift in what’s possible in your business. After all, didn’t you start your business because you wanted to BE THE ANSWER to a need in your marketplace? So allow your customers WIIFM to be the lead in all you do so that you stand out in a crowded market based on who you are and how you serve a need in a way that ONLY you can do!